and kids

and kids

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Lake

This evening we had the fun opportunity to go to the lake with some friends. The kids had a blast and they were nice and exhausted when we got home. The kids couldn't believe they got to ride in a boat - on top of that excitement they got to ride on a tube that was pulled by the boat. They also got to ride on a 'water motorcycle'. As I kissed the kids goodnight just now, Daegan stated that it was the best day he ever had! Thank you Stork and Family!

Here are way too many pictures to show the fun we had:

Mac, looking way too small in a life vest and on a boat-
Capps, holding on for dear life as he sits in the co-pilot seat (he wasn't sure about this boating thing at first but ended loving it and even riding the tube with the Stork's 15-year old son and loved it)
The boat scene with the tube being pulled behind
Mollee riding the tube with Anna, of course, she loved it.

I won't bore you with a picture of each child on the tube, but Daegan went second (here he is on the tube, but below he is anxiously awaiting for his turn). He insisted on going with one of the older girls (not the boy!) and he kept asking for it to go faster. I'm suddenly a little fearful about his teenage years.
The 'water motorcycle' was a big hit
..Jase and I took Mac out on it
A swim break in the middle of the lake (of course, Capps had no part in this, he stayed on the boat)
Mac helping the Stork drive the boat back to the dockJase and I after a fun time on the lake, hungry and ready for dinnerAfter our time on the lake we retreated to the lake house for dinner and enjoyed some time swimming in the pool. I didn't really take that many pictures at the pool, but here is one I got of Mollee that made me laugh because I felt like she was in a perfect pool-side pose.
Mac got lots of attention from the older girls, which was nice for me I didn't have to worry about him one time the whole evening.
One more pic for fun. As the parents were getting everything cleaned up and ready to leave, the kids found their way to the car with a TV in it and were all watching TV until time to go.Thanks Friends for including us in this fun time - Sorry about Maggie (unfortunately, when they got home their 13-year old lab had passed away while they were gone).

3 comments:

  1. This looks like awesome fun! I have a love hate relationship with the XBox lately. I love that I have time to read by myself at night but I just hate that he can like so mundane so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretch, i want a copy of the one of them all in the car! what a riot! they are so cute!!!
    Had fun with you all ~

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter