and kids

and kids

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cross Clan Reunion

Every other summer there is a Cross Clan Reunion. Cross is my Grandma's (mother's mom) maiden name. She is one of eleven children and for many, many, many years, they have been numbering people as they join the family (whether it is by birth or marriage).
My Grandma is #8. My Mother is #26. I am #94. I have cheated to remember this because that is the year I graduated from high school. Jason is #184, Mollee is #216, Tavis is #231, Daegan is #249, Capps is #262, and Mac is #292. Don't worry, I don't just know this - we had name tags with our numbers on it to help us out. In all, there are 332 in the family. Jason and I haven't been to a reunion since Mollee was a baby because of the expense to travel, but this summer it was in town for us and I think there were about 150 that were able to attend.

Friday night we had dinner and a presentation of missions from a few different people in the family. I wasn't as loyal taking pictures as I wished I had been, but here is one of the kid tables:
This morning (Saturday), some met for a bible study and then some went on a train ride and then all that were available met back at the church for lunch. This afternoon some went to ride horses and some went to a pool that was made available by friends of ours. Again, not many pictures, but here are the girl cousins (Mollee, Abby and Eleanor) lounging in the pool.
And Tavis and Thomas doing.....working on their tan? trying to impress girls?
Tonight (Saturday) there was a fancy dinner. We did not sign up to attend tonight, because it seemed like too many activities in a 30-hour period to tote everyone around. We found out that my cousin, Esther, and her family weren't going tonight either. Since they were staying in our neighborhood at my parents house, we invited them down for dinner. Apparently, my two brothers, Philip and David, and their families (who were hanging around after the pool) didn't sign up to go to dinner tonight either so they ended up picking up pizza and coming over also. It was a great 'smaller' reunion that lasted from 5:30-7:00 and then everyone was on their way for early bedtimes.

Avery loved the horse and wasn't interested in pizzaWith all the different activities we had invited my nephew, Thomas, to join us for the weekend. He stayed Friday night and is sleeping over tonight also. Cousin friendships are so important in this family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter