and kids

and kids

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Busy Thursday!



Today has been a busy day. It started with dropping off a meal for a friend that just had a baby. From there we went to the school library, which is open during the summertime from 10-2 on Thursdays.

I had packed picnic lunches and we headed to a playground near the school. I called a friend to meet me there and we had a nice visit while the kids played. The kids have a name for different playgrounds around town (the Buddy Walk Playground, the Wooden Playground, the Train Playground, etc.). This is the Big Slide Playground. Here are Tavis and Mac coming down the slide in typical 'goof fashion' and Mollee and Daegan waiting at the bottom to be knocked over like bowling pins.

Of course, Capps was off doing his own thing, he wanted to stick closer to me because there were 'other kids' there. After we got home late I decided not to put Mac down for a nap because I didn't want him to sleep too late and get to bed late. I put a movie on for him to watch while I made cookies for a family reunion this weekend. I made seven dozen sugar cut-out cookies (with help-ugh!) and six dozen sour cream cookies (a family favorite) and I made dough for ginger snaps (which has to sit in the frig overnight before baking).

By 7:00 this evening all the kids were bathed and ready for bed, thankfully, Mac was already in bed and asleep. Once everyone was in bed, I cleaned house a little, messed around on the computer and then got on the treadmill around 10:00, but I only ran/walked for 20 minutes and was too unmotivated to go any further and got a shower and went to bed.

Did I say busy?

1 comment:

  1. I really can't stand making cookies w/ my kids. Someone always blows in the flour.

    We had fun, too! And I'm SO glad we went swimming after, I was SO STINKIN' HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter