and kids

and kids

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Washing Machine Excitement

Should you really get that excited over a new washing machine?

When Jason and I got married, we inherited my Grandmother's washer and dryer that she had for 15+ years. It worked fine for us, but when we sold our previous house, it was part of the contract to leave it. When we moved into our new home I was excited to purchase a new washer and dryer, but Jason sent me on that task by myself and, being a bit stingy, I just got something cheap. It has been fine, but no bells and whistles. Since October (only 4 years old), it has leaked during the draining process. Thankfully, our laundry area is in the garage so it just drains out under the truck. Jason has taken it apart a few times to try to fix the problem, but couldn't figure out what was wrong. Again, I'm fine with it draining into the garage because I didn't want to spend money on something new.

A friend of my younger sister is getting married and she and her fiance both had a washer/dryer set. She had already given the dryer to someone else in need, but was looking for someone to take the extra washer. My sweet sister thought of us. I wasn't sure what to expect. Coming from a single person, would it be too small? At least it wouldn't leak, right? Well, Jason picked it up last night and I was so excited. The protective covering hasn't even been taken off yet and it has so many options!!!!

Before:


After:

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I definitely think this calls for much excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, I'd be excited. The only thing that would make it better is if it sorted, folded, and put away, too. Then I just might be downright giddy.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter