and kids

and kids

Friday, May 22, 2009

Determination or Insanity?

We have a bunny rabbit that likes to eat my flowers and hang out in the backyard.
Daegan is determined to catch this lovely little bunny. I've tried to convince him that it just won't happen, but he is determined. The kids were playing outside this morning and when everyone (I thought everyone) came in, I realized Daegan wasn't in. When I went out to check on him he was sitting at the corner of the garage with a carrot he had gotten from the refrigerator waiting for the bunny. He sat here for about 30 minutes waiting....waiting....waiting.....no bunny! I smile at him because when he sets his mind to do something, he tries to make it happen, even if it seems insane to others.

2 comments:

  1. One of my kids' very favorite things to do when they see a poor animal like that is to run at it screaming. I think they get it from their dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Daegan that he has a persistent (Jackson) trait. "Waiting" is a very biblical thing to cultivate.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter