and kids

and kids

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Brown Dictionary

OK, so I was thinking the other day, if something were to happen to Jason and I, how would anyone know what my kids are asking for? Strange question, I know. Over the years, different items have adopted different names for various reasons in our household. Let me give you an example: The first time I bought Life cereal, Curious George was on the box. Now, it is known as Monkey Cereal. To be honest with you, I'm not sure the kids even know the real name. Here is our dictionary: (just in case)


Papa's Cereal = Cheerios
White on Top = Frosted Mini Wheats
Daddy's Sauce = Ranch Dressing
Daddy's Cheese = Parmesan Cheese
Go Bar = Granola Bar
Snacks = Fruit Gummy Snacks
Bears = Teddy Grahams
Pops Candy = Smarties
Circle Crackers = Ritz
Crackers in the Yellow Box = Wheat Thins
Spicy Chips = Salt and Vinegar Lays
Triangle Chips = Doritos
Moon Chips = Pringles

For Fast Food:

Papa's Chicken = KFC Mall Chicken = Chick - fil - A Pizza with the funny guy = Little Caesars or Pizza that comes to the house = Pizza Hut or fake Pizza = Frozen Pizzas The Breakfast Place = Hardees Breakfast Chicken = hashbrown rounds (if it is fried and you dip it into ketchup it must be chicken, right?)

I like to treat the kids with chicken and fries when we have run a lot of errands and they have been sooooo good. Well, now (maybe we've gone too much) everytime we go through any drive thru (even if it is the bank), Mac yells "Fries, Please" as soon as we drive off.


Others, not in the Food Department:

Muddy Puddy = Silly Putty
Moo Moo = Mollee (that nickname started on her first day)

And my favorite:

Punch Bug = Volkswagen Beetle
The kids love to play this game in the car, although they don't punch as I remember we did when I was a kid. The kids are always yelling PUNCH BUG YELLOW (or whatever color it is). Now Mac randomly yells "Pun Buck Elmo" randomly on car rides - it brings a smile to my face everytime!

1 comment:

  1. that's funny. my niece calls American sliced cheese "Joshua Cheese" and cream cheese "Mommy Cheese"

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter