and kids

and kids

Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Big Brother"

I have recently had a "Big Brother" experience and it had nothing to do with siblings. I received a speeding notice/ticket in the mail. UGH! Fifty dollars of grocery money wasted! So frustrating!

They had pictures and everything. There was no denying a big burgundy (yes they were colored pictures) van with a Mary Kay sticker on the back. As I was looking (AND driving the speed limit) I tried to see where the cameras were that took my picture. I couldn't see them, but the next day I drove by, there was a white van that said "Mobile Traffic Unit". It is just a van that they park in random places, take pictures of speeding cars, send tickets via snail mail and make a lot of money. Again, I say UGH!

I was going 47 mph and the speed limit is 35 mph. Since I received this disturbing piece of mail I have gone the speed limit. At least in that spot I have. Only eight days of school left. Probably won't last through next year.....just to be honest.

2 comments:

  1. boo. i got one of those in Hixson right before they activated them last year, so i didn't actually have to pay. it definitely made me drive slower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they did this! I know where you are talking about on Broad and I am definitely going to be more careful, ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter