and kids

and kids

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Weekend

The kids had Friday off due to a "Reading Day", but I'm ashamed to say there wasn't a lot of reading going on. Mollee did read a few chapters and worked on a Reptile report that is due Thursday so it wasn't all a flop. I decided to brave a slumber party (do you call it that for boys?) for Tavis and friends on Thursday night. Tavis' two buddies, Chase and Noah, came and spent the night. I was proud to be the first house for each of them to spend the night at. The boys played great together and never had any disagreements that I know of. I took everyone to McDonald's for lunch on Friday - I didn't know if we really could afford it, but I wanted it to be a treat and came out spending only $15 for seven kids and adult (I took Capri Suns and they all had to share a large fry). I was pleased with this 'savings' - although, Jason always reminds me you can't save money by spending. Ugh! So true!

Friday night we celebrated Jason's birthday with Jason's family.

Saturday we were supposed to go to a Parenting Conference, but we had to miss due to the fact that Jason needed to work. For five months we have been anxious for work and now he has something that the builder wants done ASAP!

Sunday, today, we celebrated Jason's birthday (one more day until the real deal) with my family. After Mac's nap we ventured home and enjoyed the end of the NASCAR Talladega race(yes, enjoyed except that Kyle Busch was in the lead and got 'bumped' and wrecked near the end of the race and then that same thing happend to Carl Edwards with 1/8 lap to go).

Now the kids are ready for bed and watching America's Funniest Videos, Jason is playing Xbox and I'm getting on the treadmill - it will make me feel better about all the cake and pie and steak and spaghetti I've eaten this weekend. :)

Goodbye Weekend, Happy Monday Ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter