and kids

and kids

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's just a number....Right?

I've always struggled a little with my weight - never the skinny girl in high school! :) But the number on the scale has never bothered me. Actually, I didn't own a scale until a couple of months ago. I'm not the type to weigh myself each morning, which is probably why so much extra weight has slipped up on me over time. A year after Capps (#4) was born I got my butt into gear and lost a lot of weight. I did an hour of aerobics six days a week and went out for a walk in the evening when I could. I'm not a dieter, I like food and can get moody when I have to eat a certain schedule of food. But, when I hit a plateau of weight-loss I went on the South Beach diet and got within 5 lbs. from my goal weight. Then I got pregnant. This wasn't a bad thing, we were trying, but I was sure I would continue with my healthier lifestyle and keep things under control. Unfortunately, this was my worst pregnancy. I was very sick, lots of migraines, no energy and by the end of it I had gained 65 lbs (some of my other pregnancies I had only gained 15 or 20 lbs - maybe because I was overweight when I started?). Well, my baby just turned 2 and I still haven't gotten my butt in gear and I'm not far from my "day of birth" weight. Why do I post this all? Maybe it will be good motivation. I saved my pennies for almost a year and bought a treadmill. I'm about to go get on it. It is just a number on the scale to me (right?), but now I am motivated to get that number a lot lower, maybe I can post once a month on my progress and I'll be more motivated to have good news. OK, here I go. Really I'm getting on the treadmill. No more distractions!

2 comments:

  1. I have the same goal. I'm just like you, LOVE food. I get so crabby without it. I feel like what's the point since we're trying to get pregnant but I'm in a wedding in June, agh. I hope you keep updating, I found your post inspirational. We are going for a walk today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think blogging can be a great motivator because it's accountability that everyone can read! I have a friend who blogged about her dirty fridge, saying she was setting a goal to clean it by that weekend. And she did it.

    We're looking into a Y membership. I think the kid-care program makes it totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter